Chef Joey Z's Slow Cooker Limas (Vegan)
By Chef Joey Z. "This is a different way to serve Lima beans. They sort of remind me of Boston baked beans. I used organic Lima beans my husband grew in our garden. The sour cream goes in at the end."
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans organic
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses unsulphured-organic
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- Make sure the Lima beans have been cleaned, rinsed and drained.
- Combine the water, margarine, molasses, mustard, and salt in the bowl of a 2.5 to 3-quart crock pot. Stir all together. Add in the Lima beans and stir again to coat.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Stir the beans often during the cooking process. After 8 hours on low check the beans to make sure they are soft. Stir in the sour cream and serve.
- Bon Appetit!