Vegan Corn Chowder
Easy Vegan Corn Chowder with no dairy or cream! Made in one pot with sweet corn and potatoes, this vegan corn chowder is hearty, creamy, sweet, smoky, and delicious. Gluten-free, oil-free, and ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato diced
- 2 15- ounce cans of sweet whole kernel corn no salt added or low-sodium
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup optional for extra sweetness
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Garnish
- Chopped green onion extra corn kernels, and chopped bell pepper
- Preheat a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- Toss in the onion and cook until they are soft. Add the garlic, celery, and potatoes, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the corn, red pepper, celery seed, smoked paprika, and stir. Cook until the potatoes are slightly softened, usually about 5 minutes. You can add a little of the broth or water to prevent sticking if needed.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar, vegetable broth, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer half of the chowder to a blender, let it cool for a couple of minutes and blend until it’s creamy. Pour the mixture back into the pot and stir until everything is well combined.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish and serve